Friday, January 20, 2012

Let 2012 Start!

I haven't officially blogged properly since the start of the year, so here goes!

I am finally in AUSTRALIA!!!!

I landed New Years Eve! We spent that night in a VERY Nice Hotel in The middle of the City in Melbourne. We got some dinner on South Bank ( A strip of Tons of Nice Restaurants), Then we waited until 12pm to Strike and Got to Watch all of the Fireworks shoot off of all the Tall Buildings! It was very fun, but we were super tired by the time we got back to our hotel (It took Our Cab about 1 1/2 hours to get back to our hotel when it was only 4 blocks away...city traffic!)


The Next Day we arrived to my (Our) Home... Phillip Island.  Two blocks away is a wonderful Beach (not sure what it is called) But it is so nice to take walks on and just to have a casual Tanning Session when hot outside.

Our House is Great! Little and Perfect size for us! We did have a Possum problem, but luckily the landlord came one night to take his chances on shutting the hole in our roof and there were no possums trapped... so now we sleep peacefully without a disgusting sound of rodent feet running around in our roof.

Ben and I have just been keeping super busy with LIFE! He works about +45 hours a week. I just got a job at the Local RSL being a host. I am also working at the local Y teaching children how to swim ( that wont start till Feb. though).

Ben started his first Golf tournament last week and did AWESOME! Him and his Boss got in 1st place, and then in his event he got 5th!

Things are great in Australia! I do miss my family from time to time, but know that I have such an awesome opportunity and life experiences ahead, living in Australia. My Husband is the BEST! He takes great care of me! I hope I do the same!

I promise this is a start of a great blogging year! Happy New Years Everyone!!!!!

2 comments: